As Early Voting is literally days away for the Lone Star State, Texas Leftist has once again seeking to grow the information available to voters by asking candidates directly. For the 2016 Texas Leftist Candidate Questionnaire (TLCQ), candidates across the region have already been sent information, and each response will be published as it is received. Texas Leftist will also issue endorsements for select races. This year, a common set of questions has been sent to candidates, regardless of the office being sought.
- What is your name, as it will appear on the ballot?
- Are you a current or former elected official? If so what office(s)?
- As a political candidate, you clearly care about what happens in certain levels of government. In your own words, why is government important?
- If elected, what is your top priority in office for the upcoming term? Describe how you plan to accomplish it.
- Recent years in American Politics have yielded an environment of hyper-partisanship, the results of which have often led to government inefficiency, and sometimes total government gridlock. Describe how you plan to break through this partisan gridlock for the good of your constituents, and work with those from differing political ideologies.
- What makes you the best candidate for this office?
- When not on the campaign trail, how do you like to spend your free time?
Though much attention this cycle has been focused on the Presidential race, it is very important to highlight the races of down ballot candidates. If elected, they are the ones who will have the most immediate impact on the lives of Greater Houston residents, and all of Texas. Check here for the responses, and endorsements coming soon.